FOR REFERRING DOCTORS
As a referring doctor, you and your patient are kept in the loop throughout the entire pre- and post-surgical process. Drs. Nicol and his staff offer a high level of communication, including follow-up phone calls and consults regarding diagnostic reports, surgical options and post-surgery concerns. Our office is also experienced in coordinating logistics for out-of-town patients.
Download our referral form here: Consultation Referral (PDF)
- Once your patient’s referral form is received and processed, an office staff member will call the patient to set an appointment.
- If you feel a patient needs urgent attention, please contact the office directly.
- Please call us at 928-226-7667 if you have any additional questions.
- Dr. Nicol is currently a contracted providers for the following payers: Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Medicare, Veterans Administration, Phoenix Health Plan, TriWest, Arizona Medicaid and most Medicaid replacement plans.
- For our other commercial insurance patients, we always request “in-network” benefits for our surgical procedures, since there are no contracted neurosurgeons in all of northern Arizona. In our experience, most payers are willing to allow our claims to be paid as if in-network in order to reduce patient responsibility amounts. We are also glad to see your workers’ compensation patients with proper prior authorization.
- Please contact our practice administrator, Suzanne, if you would like to discuss insurance matters further.
- Our practice is willing to see all referred patients regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Our staff is experienced in working with patients to establish various payment solutions.
- Your referral is very appreciated.